ICOUK has been registered as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), which is authorised and regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales.
The objectives of the ICOUK are to advance the Islamic religion by:
- Reviving the tradition (sunnah) of local moon sighting in the UK,
- Promoting research of moon sighting for the public benefit,
- Educating the public on the subject of moon sighting,
- Facilitating the establishment of a lunar calendar for the public benefit,
- Developing/using appropriate technology to deliver the above objects.
If you are a UK resident and willing to help fulfil any of the above objectives, please do not hesitate to email us via our on-line Contact Us form.